Friday, June 03, 2005

SMU Daily Data "Improvement" Idea

I have a rather biased opinion on what should go on the Daily Data site since I was in class last semester working on some of it. I guess biased is the wrong word. It's more that I'm suffering from restricted vision. I know there's already a lot of stuff on the site.

I was walking down the halls of the building today and noticed the displays of assignments from students in the Photojournalism classes. Some of the pictures are very impressive, and I think it would be cool to see some of that work up on a Web site. It could serve as both a Web exposure for SMU, showing what students in classes are doing, as well as being a help to the students who created those pictures. Sort of a photo resume source.

I don't even think it would have to be limited to Journalism students here at U. Lee. There have to be art courses that would be interested in having some product exposure for their exceptional students.

No comments: